Friday, March 14, 2008

the ides of march

Great Big Sigh.

It has been a while since I wrote anything of real substance. I guess there isn't much that lends itself writing worthy. There has just been alot of adult things to deal with lately. I'm starting to handle it better. I have also officially started to settle into the reality of working days. My body has started to adjust to the new sleep schedule, though I try to deviate from the normal patterns of sleep (just because I can) on the weekends.

Last weekend I had a HOT TUB PARTY at my house for my 11th and 12th grade SMASH group. It was very fun to host! We took a dip and then I prepared peanut butter cookies and hot chocolate for the girls before they headed off in different directions. I am getting more "into" hosting...it gives me an excuse to bake and to deep clean my little 2 room lower flat.

I also had my first visit to the chiropractor this week. My boss at work recommended the place and it has been a very good experience! Dr. Josh is very kind and considerate of my health needs and income. For the first time in 9 months, I can sit in a chair for long amounts of time without aching. After he showed me the damage in my neck, I laughed and said, "I guess all those concerts didn't help my neck." Self-induced whiplash. Oops... but totally worth it. I had to get my wild side out somehow. ;-)

I am starting to more seriously consider a change of scenery in a couple years. I daydream about how fun it would be to just pick-up and move somewhere different for a fresh perspective on life. Maybe get away from the constant locations and reminders of my college days. For now, I enjoy the sense of familiarity (and I LOVE the Twin Cities) but eventually I might want to try someplace new. Embarking on this adventure would obviously be more fun with a spouse...but if he's going to take so long to find me then I guess I'll have to prayerfully consider what kinds of adventures I am meant to have solo.

Tonight I am meeting up with Angela and a Chipotle burrito. Two great things put together. Lovely.

No comments: