Thursday, February 5, 2009

this week's little joys

i am low on my hug quota.
I'm not really a touchy person in general, but occasionally I know my hug quota is low when I feel inclined to hug a sad cashier or small pet with smelly breath or store manikin. This is when I open my arms big & wide at youth group and share the need with high school girls. They usually jump in and help out in a pinch. This is one of many reasons why I love them.

judie says hi.
I was reading a Life magazine for work and a nice lady's portrait smiled at me from the pages of the magazine. I don't know why, but I felt a connection with the classy lady with a typical curled 'do. I felt compelled to cut her out. Now she smiles across the desk at me when I answer the phone.

dishes are still evil.
When I was a young lassie growing up in the 'burg, mom would often threaten me with choosing one of two tasks to accomplish after homework: practicing piano OR doing the dishes. As much as I hated practicing, dishes were always the worst evil. Now I find myself doing the dishes at least once a day, if not twice. I hate this about not having a mom around. Mom's are excellent dish washers. Sometimes I use my knee as a plate just so I have one less dish to wash. After all, laundry is much more fun than dishes.

the tank top with hearts.
I found a spaghetti strap tank top at Ragstock the other day. It has little red hearts all over it. Its great lounge wear in my 75 degree 2-room apt, excellent to exercise in, and comfy to sleep in. Lets be clear about one thing- I don't typically like things with hearts (Sorry, dad), but this tank top is pretty great.

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

i get low on my hug quota too!!!

i felt like i was the only one but now i know that i have a companion.

i am excited to see you soon... less than 24 x 8 = 192 hours (i think!)

i am really excited & something i thought of made me even more excited... when we are in heaven we wont have to be apart & wait for big adventures like this... i will just walk down the street (paved of gold, of course) & we can meet up for an adventure!

ok?!?!

<3 me

Kristin said...

I want to hug you!!