Friday, October 5, 2007

God whispers

The raindrops are subtle little reminders of God. It has been raining almost continuously for 2 weeks now. The first week I was annoyed by all the rain, but this week I am calmed by the gentle pitter patter of drops that fall on my windshield as I drive. I like listening to Coldplay on rainy days. There's just something about putting two beautiful phenomenons together. Good music is a phenomenon. It takes vision and purposefully placed notes to compose a beautiful melody... like the rain. God knows exactly where and how those raindrops are going to fall.

There is something strange growing inside my heart. My passions and experiences and knowledge and relationships are slowly moving towards each other to form a brilliant masterpiece that is right for the next part of my life. Once they meet up and a piece of the puzzle is realized in my life, they rescramble and begin the tedious process all over again. It's like the earth's place in the solar system- everything has to be completely in line at a certain distance for the perfect amount of time in order to support an ecosystem. I think it's that way with our lives. God knows the perfect timing and all the elements that must match up before he reveals the next part of our long journey Home. My heart yearns to be at the next place, but in my spirit I quietly remind myself that it's not time yet...I still have much to learn before I am prepared. Be here now. I tell myself to be content with where God has placed me. Take the opportunities He gives because you never can tell what will be the one missing element that is essential to the big picture.

No comments: