Tuesday, September 9, 2008

little gray hair

Just a few days shy of my 24th birthday, I have detected my first gray hair. It has more of a silvery glint actually.

As I stare at it in the mirror, I wonder what my gray hair strategy should be.
1) I could begin the arduous task of pulling the grayish-silver ones out, simply postponing the inevitable.
2) I could just let it be until it weakens at the root and falls out.
3) I could start buying hair dye.
4) I could publicize it far and wide bringing with it acclaimed fame, power, and money.
5) I could thank God for the special gift as it written, "The glory of young men is their strength, gray hair the splendor of the old." Prov 20:29

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One thing I have been reminded of these days is how amazing it is to have a mom. Lately, most of my friends have been MIA. But a mom is always there. She is ready to listen, she knows who I am, and why I think the way I do. She is great to call when I just want to ramble about anything & nothing. She'll talk even though it irritates her bronchitis infected lungs. She can point out when I'm being unreasonable and speculate about Satan's latest scheme to get me to trip up. My mom is priceless and amazing, and I'm very glad she's mine. The End
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: