Wednesday, January 14, 2009

in my mind's eye


I have artsy tendencies. To be inspired by the world around me is a beautiful thing.

My canvas is music. Deep lyrics that make me get inside the artists head or instrumental melodies that wind throughout like a shadow of a ghost. Something I can't quite put my finger on, but something deep inside is moved in a way that evokes an emotional expression.

My canvas is the written word. Strung together to create.

My canvas is a photo. It makes me stop the rapid page turning to stop and stare. Something has been captured that may or may not be evident. It may not be an object or a person, it is an emotion. I want to soak it in before the mystery disappears.

My canvas is dance. As passion and worship overflow from a heart of gratitude to the Lord for all that He has done in spite of my careless and rebellious mistakes. Humility through dance is my prayer and desired companion.

My canvas is a person. Friendship and growing relationships that involve a mutual exchange of joys and sorrows. A word or movement that makes me pause to reflect. The discovery of a unique individual that points me to the Great Artist as He molded each of us together in a carefully crafted way.

No comments: