Friday, December 21, 2007

covert operation

It may come as no surprise to some of you, but i enjoy doing strange things to make my life interesting. Frequently i try to accomplish tasks as if I am on a top secret, covert operation.
There I was- nestled very comfortably in my lower flat when i decided a pretty mug was definitely needed for me to properly savor my morning brew. My mission? Retrieve the Mexican- painted coffee mug from the upstairs kitchen without being spotted by people or the dog. Pretty confident that my upstairs roommates were gone for the better part of the morning, i crept over to the stairs and listened for noise. I heard something and decided it was not safe. I busy-d myself for a while before reattempting my mission. I slowly made my way up the stairs being careful to sidestep the creaky spots. At the top, I breathed a sigh of relief. No dog or people. Just as my hand touched the cabinet door, the back door opened. FAILED! If this were a top secret sniper mission, I would have been dead.

No sniper rifle, but they did catch me in my bath robe.

1 comment:

emili said...

you have inspired me