Friday, December 14, 2007

morning according to me

I woke up this morning fully refreshed.
The cold hit my face like a bully's fist as I stepped out the door.
I hurried to my car and didn't bother to scrape the frost off my windshield. The defroster will do just fine.
The juicer doesn't like cold either. He sputtered and started with hesitation, and it made me think he hates mornings and cold just as much as me.
Sometimes he has attitude in the morning and refuses to turn on the blinkers. I just assure him that soon enough he will roar to life on the open freeway.
Lifehouse serenades me on my drive up north. I wave at the southbound traffic and thank God once again that I don't drive into the city.
I pass a sign that reminds me it's -3 degrees but by now my car is cozy & warm.
An eye twitch develops and I realize my need...
Detour to Starbucks--> but I look like a fool. I can't figure out how this drive-thru road twists and turns.
The nice lady just smiles and hands me my latte.
I smile right back and go the last few miles to work.

No comments: