Friday, April 11, 2008

have you ever wondered what i do?

Have you ever had one of those mornings when it was impossible to keep your eyes open? That was me today. Soooo tired. It has been very busy at work consistently every day, all week. This is good because it shows that people are hearing about us and coming in for our services, but it also can be exhausting.

There have been such exciting days around here! Many young couples have been in for prego tests and God has been working in the hearts of both the girls and guys! Also- there have been a few parenting clients who have recommited their lives to the Lord and it's so encouraging to be connected with a ministry that helps walk them through the good days and the hard days. In the midst of all the client contact, the volunteers we have been praying for are coming forward and getting trained. This is a blessing to me in particular since I end up doing a majority of the parenting sessions every week. Volunteers will help with the load. The material donations have been pouring in, and we have been able to turn around and bless many people with those things! Other duties include checking things off the timeline in preparation for The Walk For Life coming up in May.

While all of this is great, it has been particularly draining on me to leave work and have people continue to draw from my wellspring. It started turning into a not-so-well wellspring. Wednesday after work, I felt like I was going to snap. And so, my boss suggested I take the night off of youth group. I decided this would be the best thing for my sanity, since the thought of one teenager whining to me about a test made me want to scream and run out of the room pulling my hair out like a crazy person. Probably not in the healthiest mindset to try and lead a group of 11th and 12th grade girls through a Bible study.

My Wednesday night actually ended up being super restful! On the way home, I stopped to pick up a movie, coffee from Caribou, and a quick session at the tanning place. Once I was home, I grabbed my rollerblades and headed to the park with my ghetto cd walkman. Within the first 30 seconds of the worship song, my walkman died and, though I was disappointed, decided it was better to pray about life anyway. When I got back to the house, I took most of the evening to center myself- reading and journaling and reading some more. By 8:30pm my spirit was feeling replenished, so I popped in Dan In Real Life and chillaxed on the couch. Cell phone off. Very nice.

While I'm charging through this day with the Lord's strength, I will be very happy to take my sleep-in day tomorrow.

No comments: