Thursday, April 3, 2008

living vs. thriving



To be truly ALIVE in Christ is exactly what He had in mind for us when he made us out of dust...and a rib bone. We are image bearers. We are created to be so much more than merely existing! We are created with the capacity to overflow with love, goodness, joy, & worship. We are meant to be an explosion of all that is good and right and pure and lovely!


How many times have I turned my back to this because I'm too tired or busy or confused- with full knowledge that walking with my Lord invites comfort and peace and trust that I cannot achieve on my own. Stupid self-sufficiency...always anxious to rear its ugly head and take over.
Be encouraged today that God is faithful to remind us of seasons of joy throughout our lives! It will consistently bless us yet humble us... forcing us to acknowledge our humanity.

No comments: