Wednesday, June 18, 2008

these are the days of noah

I love to attend weddings. I happily hopped in the Juicer to begin my long journey south and east to home sweet home. Unbeknownst to me, what lay ahead would seriously test my patience & mental breaking point. I stopped for a little Starbucks and suddently realized I had set my planner & cough drop bag on the roof of my car. I popped out to check, but 3 blocks later and the stuff was long gone. Slightly irritated, but unphased- I retraced my driving steps to discover the rumpled planner and its contents strewn about the neighbors yards. I scurried about retrieving such valuable contents as a gas coupon, father's day card, dental insurance info, father's day card envelope, and pictures of my niece and nephew. Victorious, I got back in my car and drove on with a smug grin knowing I had conquered the wind & my senior moment.

I journeyed on, singing to myself when suddenly *BAM!* the traffic came to a hault. Not to be defeated by the freeway, I quickly exited and grabbed my trusty map. Long story short, it ended up detouring me so far away from my destination that I was still in Western Wisconsin when I was suppose to be pulling into the driveway at home. To make matters worse, I ended up in the middle of flood country- stranded after trying every road. My only option- retrace my steps for the last hour and go back to the original posted detour. Feeling trapped & defeated and after two short panic attacks (hyperventilating included)- and after traversing on a Road Closed road which was missing half the asphalt from flood erosion, I made it to an unflooded road.

9 freakin' hours later & 1 Mountain Dew... I arrived at Ulao Road. (Who knew Minneapolis, MN to Grafton, WI could take the same amount of time as Minneapolis, MN to Grand Rapids, MI?!)

I wrote a new line for the song... *Ahem- clearing throat*
'And these are the days of Noah- the dry ground becoming as river... '

1 comment:

quackquackinthekitchen said...

that is a long long drive. any sheep pee on you?