Wednesday, March 4, 2009

joy in orange dreamsicle


Ask me how i really feel about winter... this is the expression i may give to you. ----->
*
Mom always said, "Melody, if looks could kill- you'd be in trouble." While I have gotten better at controlling my facial expressions, I still practice the ones that aren't as socially acceptable.
*
This expression would also accurately portray how I have been feeling inside for the last week... just fighting for joy each day. I think I'm beginning to understand why mom likes the word JOY and why she has reminders of it all over her home. Life and seasons and people try to drain our joy meter to empty. We have to continually be going to the Lord to refill the source. This is not a new concept to me, and yet, I find myself re-learning it time after time.

1 comment:

emili said...

your middle name is joy

hmm. just a random thought :) haha