Friday, March 20, 2009

spriggs of spring

To celebrate the entrance of the springtime, I have put on:
BLAZE PINK NAIL POLISH
BRIGHT ROYAL PURPLE GLEEVES (arm warmers, as they were referred to in the 70's)
ONE SPARKLY, FANTASTIC BRACELET
>
I find it ironic that even though it's the first day of Spring, I had to wipe a dusting of snowflakes off my windshield this AM. Not to be discouraged, I know old man winter is sure to go before too long.
>
Along with the changing of seasons comes the changing of vermin who try to invade my little bottom-dwelling home.
This week, the ant kingdom made an appearance (with full force, I might add). I thought I could beat them at their game by bleaching the trash can, but they kept growing in numbers. I picked up these plastic square ant poison traps. Those are basically crap. (Make a note of it.) Definitely not worth $4 or $5... The REAL ticket is Terro Ant Poison. Magical, I tell you. I put it out on little squares of cardboard and within 30, nay- 15 minutes the ant population had decreased substantially. By bedtime, only a few wandering scally-wags were left stumbling around in a drunken, poisoned stupor. By this morning, gone. No trace of the little invaders. If Terro ever needs a rep for a TV commercial, I am definitely available for comment or casting. (Plus it would just be SWEET to be in a commercial, whether it be ant poison or microwave burritos. Of course, as anyone SHOULD know- the pinnacle of all TV commercials are the Old Skool Gap ones. Genius.)

Anyhow, that's my story. Ooo! I also had a bizarre dream about mandatory suicide and new shoes and a big black man and trying to last through the end of the world. Yeah, crazy dream, crazy week. All I know is...

SLEEP IN DAY TOMORROW!!! *woot woot*

P.S. Josh said this the other day and it made my laugh. Try to say this 3x fast- "There aren't any fruit snacks in my fruit snacks sack."

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Ok, so when I need to smile, I should just come here.