Monday, March 16, 2009

who needs a campfire?

New experience.
This weekend I worked alot between both my jobs and that left very little effort to do anything else when I arrived home in the PM. Overall it was an uneventful weekend. I hardcore cleaned my shower and danced around to my new Taylor Swift cd. I also borrowed The Office season 3 from my friend & coworker Britta. Much of my time was spent on my loveseat laughing and relaxing knowing the upcoming week was going to be long.

Anyway-


in the midst of my cleaning frenzy I had been laboring over what to do with my partial bag of stale marshmellows. I couldn't throw them away for 1. marshmellows are quite precious to me 2. they are the really good brand (Jet Puff) and 3. on behalf of marshmellow enthusiasts everywhere I would be shunned for such an act. I entertained the idea of heating them up in the micro like my crazy and fantastic friend Barb can often be found doing. But that just didn't sound very appetizing. Until finally it hit me- roast the mallow to char-blackening crispness and consume. (My most favorite way to eat a mallow.) So I improvised an indoor version of the prehistoric practice of mallow roasting. I grabbed an IKEA tealight and a popsicle stick, sat crosslegged on my loveseat and roasted mallows while I watched The Office.


Very fun. and inventive.




...maybe I'll make s'mores later this week.

1 comment:

emili said...

that seems like so much fun! and that's my favorite way to eat a mallow too :D

love you