Wednesday, April 15, 2009

the female cycle

In the past, I have heard that you are more likely to conceive a boy or a girl on certain days of the month if you time it out correctly. For whatever reason (probably my line of work), this thought has often floated in & out of my brain over the past 10 years. Yesterday, I decided to google the ovulation cycle and see what kind of info it gave me. Turns out, it's true. You literally can try to plan the gender of your babe if you are that determined to conceive a boy vs. a girl or the other way around. Anyway, the link I clicked on from google took me to the Ovulation Calendar and it tells you the most & least fertile days of the female cycle. I found it all very educational. This morning when I logged in to my computer, this box popped up and said, "You are not fertile during this time..." I laughed super hard because I didn't know it had downloaded a little desktop icon. So for the next 45 days, I will have a free trial version of the software on my computer, and I will be very informed about the inner workings of my body.

4 comments:

emili said...

ha! that's funny :)

quackquackinthekitchen said...

that is hilarious Melody! ....and kind of cool...
I kind of want to try it!

Kristin said...

Love it. In my journey of trying to conceive, I have been BLOWN AWAY by how very little understanding women actually have of our cycles. the details are incredible, and only serve to direct me toward a Creator. It's so intricate--i really cannot understand how "oops" pregnancies happen!!

melody said...

upon posting this- i received a concerned email from my father. he wonders why a Christian single woman would care to know this information? i refer back to my blog post- my line of work. it gets a person curious about strange things.