Tuesday, April 21, 2009

stop the madness

Status: My brand new life has been canceled/postponed until further notice.
******************
This is the part where I refer back to the Lord's last direction to me... "Wait on the Lord." I am beginning to see how very much of our lives is "Hurry up... and wait." Honestly, it's a difficult medicine to swalllow. Here I thought all the chips had hit the floor and landed with specific direction- only to be blindsided with another updraft of turmoil. Sigh.
*
But here's the latest development...
I'm applying to GRAD school!!! Of course, if I am accepted into the program I'd still have the option of turning it down later. But for right now, I am super excited to pursue a Master's degree in Marriage and Family Therapy from Argosy University (Twin Cities). It's a two-year program, taught by practicing therapists (networking is k e y), and would take 2 years to complete. Naturally, there is another year of intense supervision before I could get a license to practice in the state. I really hope this works out because I'd love the challenge of this profession- not to mention being a part of people's healing processes. So, say a prayer and keep your fingers crossed for me.

No comments: