Thursday, January 31, 2008

nicotine musings

I had another weird dreams. It was one of those dreams that comes in between your last pound on the snooze bar and waking up to reality.
I had a sense that it was a really hard, long day. I don't know what my job was...but that's not the point of the story. so i had a long day...i go to a store and i'm standing in line waiting when i turn to the cashier next to me and say, "Excuse me, do you have a cigarette? I could really use one right now. You wouldn't believe my day." She looks at me with skeptical eyes and says, "Well, that depends, how much do you smoke?" Smirking at her very intelligent and relevant question I laughed sheepishly and said, "Oh, I never have before. I just really need to start." She double knots the tie on her work smock and says, "Well then, sure! I was just about to take my break." She steps out of her booth and lights up right there in the store and hands it to me to take a drag. I smile and take 3 puffs...proud of myself for remembering not to inhale all the smoke. I hand it back to her and say, "You can finish it. I needed that- thanks." I smile over my shoulder, give a little wave and walk out the door.

The weirdest thing is I have never, ever had a desire to smoke or put any foreign objects near my mouth. That dream certainly came out of nowhere.

No comments: