Friday, May 16, 2008

tri-weekly blogging

It has been sheer chaos around here. No time to update my bloggety blog. Needless to say, much has happened these last few weeks.

My old boss' 18yr old son died suddenly. I went to the memorial this last week...very sad. I have never been in a place so completely void of assurance and hope. It was a learning experience for me. It made me think about the sense of urgency there is when it comes to our spiritual lives. You honestly are not guaranteed tomorrow- so it's best to live your life to the fullest and to the glory of God right now. It made me get on my knees and cry out to God on behalf of some dear friends who are just drifting through life...without a purpose and in a haze of confusion. Having a relationship with the Lord can change your perspective on life REAL FAST. You actually have a good reason to get up and start every day new. You don't have to have everything figured out because you are serving a God who is going to be faithful to bringing about His plan for you whether you have a clue about life or not.

I also finished reading the book Blue Like Jazz... best book ever on a real, personal walk with Jesus. If you haven't read it--> do. It's simply delicious brain food.

I was able to get to know a wonderful young woman from France... here as a teacher at a French immersion school. Marthe was a very sweet girl who I had fun and deep conversations with. I was sad to see her go back to the great nation of France, but I have confidence that I will see her in heaven some day.

Much has happened in these last few weeks. I continue to pray about my future and where and what God has in store for me. I'm still in this crazy waiting room, but I am embracing the wonderful time He has given me to gear up for whatever lies ahead.

No comments: