Friday, October 24, 2008

thumbalena skeleton

I woke up yesterday with a throbbing hand. I don't know why, but it has been in pain for the last 2 days and nights. Upon inspection, I am undecided as to whether it is swollen or just my thick hand. Well, actually, I KNOW it's my thick hand...but is it thicker than usual?! That remains the question. Some of my loyal readers (all 2 of you) are probably scratching your heads in confusion. In case your mom never told you, there is a natural thing that makes one side of our bodies disproportionate to the other. You thought it was just you, didn't you? Rest assuredly, we all have it. You're not a freak of nature or atypical nor are you half human/half alien. As to the reason why, ask a doctor. That's not my expertise.

This morning, I have decided to tape my thumb to press against my hand. In the words of my mother, "I think it just needs a good rest."

I knew my one handed typing, over extended double jointedness, incorrect pen holding would catch up to my thumb someday. That day has arrived.

No comments: