Thursday, June 18, 2009

orange julius

Paco & his bag of chips- I was walking by a fast food place the other day when I noticed this man standing around & behind the building- probably on break. I watched him as he glanced to and fro- upon determining (inaccurately, i might add) that he was not being watched- he took the last crumbly bits hand full of chips and shoved them in his mouth like he was in some kind of Crumbly Chip Eating Contest. It was kinda funny. I smiled to myself and kept walking.

Smooth talker- There's this coworker from another office who calls me sometimes and keeps asking me to talk like radio syndicated host Delilah. She says I have a very nice phone voice. It's calming. Perhaps I should start my own radio show and give people crap advice and play cheesy, older-than-dirt songs to fit the listener mood.

Kodak moments- Organization is sweet. In preparation for relocating my home, I decided to buy some photo albums and put all the pictures that were still in their nice little red photo packets into a book. It took me a long time because there's always the random pictures you stumble upon through the picture piles that should have been in the book on page 5-12, but now you're on page 60. My Type A tendencies finally began to diminish about hour 3 into the project. I finally just created a Randoms photo album. It's very representative of my life, so I'm not too bothered by it. Overall, I'd say it was fun and relaxing and a jont down memory lane. Things I had forgotten that I'd done or experienced. But it was mostly weird because I could remember the exact emotion and moment of the picture taking day. Memory is quite sci-fi.

Husband and Wife Forevah- So, my little brother is going to pledge his love & devotion forever to Desiree this weekend. (Side note: When she tells you to remember the spelling of her name as "It's spelled like desire, but then add an 'e'." ...don't laugh. She really is quite serious about this little memory trick.) Jennifer and I will help with the decorations and have a grand ol' time, I'm sure. More details and pictures on this post-wedding.

Sales calls- Don't ever respond with interest to those auto glass people over the phone. They start to stalk you and not leave you voicemails. Instead, they choose to call every hour until you answer (even if you tell them to leave a message). Seething annoyance begins to rise. What began as a mere curiousity in auto glass coverage turns into being forced to replace a windshield (that really wasn't bothering you very much at all). Lame.

The End.

No comments: