Saturday, June 6, 2009

this one is for the fans

Much has transpired throughout the last couple weeks. Some of it I won't write about because the ambiguous "they" say- it's not a good idea to write about anything you wouldn't want the whole world to have access too.
("Everybody is kung fu fighting! Fast as lightning...")
I spent a lovely Memorial Day weekend at camp with the family. Well, part of the family anyway... Mom, Dad, Timothy, & Jotham. Is it bad that I really don't feel like being friendly and meeting new people when I'm there? I just get tired of meeting people and being forced into shallow conversation. I'd rather give my family the time & attention I usually can't (due to distance), & catch up with the old friends that inevitably cross my path when I'm at CFS. Timothy & I took a canoe out on the lake and we paddled out to the giant underwater rock in honor of Emili. I try to do that when I'm there- have a moment with the rock on her behalf. Timothy says he's never seen the rock before- I think he's taking crazy pills. Pretty sure he has.
Jotham & I also spent time floating around the lake via canoe. (Can you tell that I prefer them?) He kept wanting to approach the shore so he could see down to the bottom. He started pointing out different pieces of coral. Without crushing his little spirit, I tried to explain that there is no coral in Central Wisconsin freshwater lakes. He also showed me the spots that pirates probably left buried, soggy treasure. This time, I just listened and smiled. Imagination is a beautiful thing.

After going to a camp for so long, all mom & I are really interested in is beach time. Sure, we do the courtesy walk around & see the mini-farm, archery, & air rifles....but we always end up back at the beach- soaking up solar Vitamin D. In my opinion, all good vacations should involve a beach.

Following the holiday weekend, I was able to head home to Wisconi & spend a few days with the boyfriend, Josh. I have been withholding this important information from public forums because I wanted him to meet mom & dad first. Now that we can check the Meet & Greet off the list- I may write more about him in my blogs. (Even though he's kind of anti-blog. Not sure why- as I appreciate it for the artistic expression. To each his own, i suppose.)
Josh asked me what I wanted to do this summer together. I told him (with great exuberance, I might add)... I WANNA RIDE ROLLERCOASTERS! So, we planned a trip to Six Flags Great America with my big bro, Timothy, & Josh's sidekick, Paul. Upon arriving in the theme park, we all decided to conquer the Giant Drop first since we dislike this ride the most. We did it, but I gotta say there were a few of us squirming in our seats and whining like babies as the ride lifted us higher & higher into the air- relief was found as we all screamed like school girls when the ride dropped us several stories down to the ground.
We decided to ride The Raging Bull 'coaster next- upon entering the waiting line corral...I was informed purses were no longer allowed on most of the rollercoaster rides. (A cheap ploy by Six Flags management to eek yet another buck out of you for choosing their overpriced theme park.)
This is when St. Michael appeared out of the masses & offered us the sweetest deal of the day. He will hold my purse if we want to take a free, hour long VIP tour of Six Flags...take us straight to the front of the lines on 5 rollercoasters & let us pick whatever seat we want. Yes, thank you, I will take the front row. What a wonderful & unexpected surprise...thanks to my purple parcel & St. Michael.
(Warning: Before you choose to ride 5 of the most extreme rollercoasters in an hour, it's always good to consider the effect it may have on your stomach. I'm not gonna say who- but someone's stomach didn't hold very well & it was not a pretty color coming up & out.)
It was a great day. We left the park with a great deal of accomplishment knowing we had conquered all the coasters.
Think I'm gonna end it here... sure there were many other things that happened over the week- Espresso by Jennifer, Em & Mel's Coffee Tales, & QT with dear, ol' dad. But, I haven't even started the task I came to the library to accomplish.
Love to you all* :)

1 comment:

emili said...

dude, that rock is the creepiest thing in the whole camp! there it is, lurking in the depths, an unassuming rock formation underneath - ready to attack at any moment!

ahh!