Wednesday, May 20, 2009

eek- ugh- ouch

Oh poor baby finger... you'll be back to yourself real soon.

sooo i sprained my little pinkie finger yesterday. WHO KNEW it would hurt to move your whole hand when the littlest appendage is black & blue & swollen?! I created a makeshift finger splint to hold the finger straight & in place with two large paperclips and adhesive tape.

I thought it would be a really cool idea to try to swing one of my legs over to dismount from the bike when it was still moving. Miscalculating the amount of space needed to accomplish such a maneuver, i lost my balance a little bit and hit my hand really hard on a car side mirror. I do not recommend trying this bicycle trick if 1.) You haven't ridden a bike in a long time. 2.) You're borrowing the bike from someone who is taller then you- thus requiring more balance to stay on.

I secretly have always wanted to sprain a finger, so I count this as an exciting day in my life. One more thing to check off the Life To Do List.

Better go change out my ice pack...

No comments: