Wednesday, May 13, 2009

leader of the pack

My rent-a-dog, Scooter, checks out his cousin Lola.
This picture makes Scooter look gigantic, but he's a small, little poodle.


Becca and I decided to share a Hawaiian Pizza at California Pizza Kitchen.
How appropriate, since she's FROM Canada.
(She said the ham definitely tasted Canadian.)

A few of my youth group girlies!
They're SENIORS!
(Stephanie, Becca, Alyssa)
*
I've been helping in the Grace Church Roseville youth group for three years now. I've been able to keep building my relationship with the same girls. It's been quite an experience! Who I am now is SO different from when I started. My identity has been re-shaped and re-formed just as much as my crazy 16-18 year olds.
*
Jake, the student director, sent this verse to each of the leaders...
Hebrews 6:9-12 Yet in your case, beloved, we feel sure of better things—things that belong to salvation. For God is not unjust so as to overlook your work and the love that you have shown for His name in serving the saints, as you still do. And we desire each one of you to show the same earnestness to have the full assurance of hope until the end, so that you may not be sluggish, but imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises.
*
I will be attending a few grad parties this summer and sending my girlies off into the world- hoping & praying that they stay strong & keep growing in their faith. I sure will miss seeing them on a regular basis, but I'm excited for the next stage of college life that they get to experience. And, as many of you know, there is no way to prepare someone for college life. All the life lessons waiting for them are painful, but so worth the journey. I pray that their eyes are opened to new & bigger realities about Christ's love & sacrifice for each of them.
*
My favorite thing about working with Sr High is I get to be crazy & act immature & go on youth events with them & just do life. I like that. I like to see them grow & change. It's exciting to be apart of someone's life like that. The part that gives me the most anxiety was how much they look up to me. I'm just one girl- who definitely doesn't have it all together. Sometimes they think being an adult is easy & I have it all figured out. I don't. I have no clue what I'm doing most of the time. It's in those moments that it's good to show some humanity to them. Share some fears and weaknesses and pray for God's help. Anyways, I hope you can tell I care very much for my girlies. We've learned alot from each other.
*

No comments: