Tuesday, May 19, 2009

thinking about my arm fanny

Saturday May 16th

Began at 6:30AM...had to get up and be in St Paul at Como Lake Park by 7AM. It was freeezing! We got all set up for the Walk for Life. The masses of people came, registered, & conquerored the 2 mile route around the beautiful, but windy & chilly lake path.

Spent a couple hours riding a bike around the community of Lauderdale surveying the community garage sales. I found & purchased:
- 1 like-new pair of jeans (i'm obsessed, i know)
- New pillar candles (The happy newlyweds tried to sell me their glass votives for displaying too)
- 1 little red backpack for BeAcH DaYs this summer

Also-
* The neighbors are very friendly, as it turns out. I don't know how successful the sales went for everyone because there are many "Free" piles in front of the neighbor's houses this week.

* I ran into a friend from Camp Forest Springs. She was sitting at her friend's yard sale. We chatted it up for quite some time.

* Many people commented on my wrist fanny pack which I have had since I was like 4 yrs old. This is a practical item for any person who plans to garage sale, bike ride, visit amusement parks, or just have a convenient, socially acceptable spot to stash some cash. (Apparently- caring cash in a bra strap is gross to some people...or just plain trampy.)

Enjoyed a 2-hr nap in my cozy, dark nook-of-a-basement.

Went to work at Carlson. Encountered a crazy wedding crowd who liked breaking glassware a little too much and had trailer-trash tendencies. Gave a stranded co-worker a ride home & came all the way back to Minnetonka to closeout the shift. So tired...

No comments: