Thursday, May 14, 2009

uninspired title

I've been running around like a crazy person these days. There's always some place to go and someone to see. In the midst of all that, I finished Project Runway season 4 (courtesy of Netflix). That's right people, I started up my netflix again. Anxiously awaiting the May 19th release of Friday Night Lights (Season 3?)--> whatever the next one is. Such a good show...highly recommend.

But, I think I hit it. The part in adulthood when life begins to feel routine. I despise routine. I try to pretend like life isn't a routine by seeing different people & doing different things- but each day always starts the same way. I wake up to a double alarm- utilize the snooze feature at least 4 times. (it's getting bad, i know) Disgruntlingly get out of bed and start my coffee maker as I drag myself to the shower. Eyes closed or slightly cracked to see where I'm going. Shield my face against the horribly awful growing lights now illuminating the laundry room part of my basement to mindblowingly inappropriate brightness. (ask me how i really feel...ha) Most of you know how I feel about light in the morning... I can feel the wave of rage begin to rise. Anywho- I shower. Barely managing to open my eyes by the end. Brush teeth, dry hair, makeup, lotion, clothes, coffee, pack lunch, run out the door to inevitable lateness. Argh. Stupid routine. I wanna blow it all off- sleep in, NOT shower, and go lay on the beach for the day.

Dear Summer,

Please come soon. Bring me lots of days with clear skies and bright sun.

Please make me tan.

Your Friend, melody
*

My optimism is tired today. The constant self-disciplined reminder to be thankful I have a job. That I can work extra hours for a little while. Dependable car (knock on wood). Clothes to wear. Food to eat. Church I love. Cell phone to stay connected. *deep sigh* I know, okay? Can you just let me complain for a moment? That'd be great. Thanks.

2 comments:

emili said...

a) that picture is from the move run, lola, run - you should see it, if you already haven't. methinks you'd enjoy :)

b) much like you, i despise routine. so many people have been like "oh, you DON'T have elijah on a schedule??" and i'm like "uh... no, because then i would have to be on one!"

c. that apple pie coffee you spoke of earlier sounded AWFUL. gag gag gag.

melody said...

I have seen Run Lola Run... because it's German. Angela loves all things German, and likes to share them with people. Pretty good foreign film.