Saturday, July 18, 2009

the case of the Angela's

I stumbled upon an old childhood friend some time ago. Maybe some of you with Covered Bridge roots remember her- Angela Joyce. We use to be good friends back in the days of navy blue jumpers and patriotic programs. She friended me on facebook which is when I discovered she's in Arizona trying to make it big with a singing career. There was no doubt in my mind that one day that concert pianist would succeed musically. She had hardcore talent at 9 years old- probably had something to do with her rigorous piano training from the Russian lady. She just recorded her first album in L.A. I'm pretty sure she writes all her music and plays it too. You can hear some of her music at: www.myspace.com/thesoundofangelajoyce

Real potential, yo.

My other friend Angela Thomas taught me one of life's greatest music lessons. Listen to the whole song before critiquing it. Then ask yourself, can you imagine this being played on The Current? Does this artist bring a different sound than anything that's out there? Even if the lyrics are crap, do they have a unique image? Changed my life. Thanks A*

No comments: