Saturday, July 18, 2009

tick tock, diddly dee

My blogging activity has slowed down considerably these days. I would definintely blog more if I joined the millions of Americans and invested in my own personal MAC or PC. But alas, that requires a certain amount of cash flow which is unavailable at this time. Another funny thing is I'm probably the last girl who goes running with her cd-walkman. But you know what? I've heard countless stories about ipods that crash or break after just two years. I've had my trusty cd-walkman for 7 years, I think. As technology advances and adds all those superb features, there's more stuff that can go wrong in the microchip brain.

Clocks. Maybe I'm a dork, but I think programming clocks to read correctly is kind of fun. I enjoy this activity at the start and end of daylight savings time. (maybe for the 30 seconds of entertainment it provides or maybe it's the humorous childhood memory it evokes of dad traipsing around the house at midnight in his pajamas to fix the clocks before he goes to bed...he took much pride in this bi-annual task) But what confuses me is people who seem to love clocks but don't take care of fixing the time. For example, the other day I was cleaning the house (as part of my rental duties) and I was kind of in a time crunch. I just wanted to glance at a clock to see how I was doing time-wise. I kid you not, I looked at 6 clocks in the room before I found one that actually displayed the correct time. I guess my thoughts are- if you aren't going to program your clocks just pack them away or sell them- whatever- 'cause otherwise it's just something extra for me to dust.

Visitation. I'm gettin' pretty pumped 'cause Michelle and Caitlin, two of my closest friends from junior high & up are coming to visit me in 2 weeks! It's not quite girls weekend b/c my bestest friend Emili can't make the trip due to responsibilities back in Belgium. (Not the country, folks- the town in Wisconsin that's a corn island...almost every way into town is surrounded by corn fields) But at least 3 of the 4 ACE High girls will be together enjoying each others company. What to do... I want to take them to Movie in the Park, maybe go to The Dakota Jazz club or The Fineline Music Cafe, and Caitlin needs to shop at Heartbreaker in Uptown (they have scarves galore & she love, love, LOVES scarves).

This just in--> Josh might be coming up to visit in the next couple of weeks too! Otherwise we'd have 53 days in between seeing each other and that's entirely too long. There's a large tribe of people who want to meet him still, so I'll have to make some arrangements while he stays in the Twin Cities. It will be spectacular to spend time with him here on my "stomping grounds".

No comments: